BSc in an engineering discipline with 20 years post qualification experience in Oil & Gas or petrochemical industry in developing various Contracting strategies working experience on major multinational projects
Primary Purpose of the Job
• Lead the development and implementation of the Project Control components and Cost engineering functions for refinery project, specific to budget, schedule and quality.
• Develop the contracting strategy for various contracts for the execution of subsequent phases of a large integrated project.
• Provide a complete planning service to identifying the key activities related to contracts and actions required to achieve the project milestones and Project Master Schedule, develop Integrated Schedules that captures all elements of the Project activities, and allows effective and disciplined progress monitoring against plan
• Review and finalize the FEED and EPC Contracting Bid/Contract Document.interface with Project Team and Contractors to ensure contract compliance and progress is on schedule and Contractor works are monitored, processed and reported regularly.
• To support the Project team in aspects of management reporting and cost control. Fulfil the role of planning co-ordination between the various facets of the project to assure quality of planning information and techniques supplied by the Major Contractors employed in the execution of the work
• Review modification of extensions and contracts closeout, coordinate with all levels of management to monitor performance and address contracts claims and variation
1. Review and update cost estimating and control cost expenditures.
2. Development of schedule deliverables for Overall Project & EPC Plans, Job Specifications and FEED & EPC contracting.
3. Development of Gates schedules for the various sub-project facilities, and integration into an overall project schedule.
4. Provides advice on schedule development, schedule and cost control requirements, overall adequacy of the contractor’s procedures, possible courses of corrective action, etc.
5. Reviews the contractor’s planning and scheduling systems and procedures as regards to their adequacy: in planning cost controller and scheduling organization and personnel, degree of details to be included, schedule updating procedures, schedule control procedures, etc.
6. Review the actual project execution plan and schedule to make sure that:
a. The logic is correct and that durations are reasonable
b. Work plans are detailed sufficiently to clearly indicate what work should go on at any time
c. The plan properly allows for input and constraints which are beyond the contractor’s control and on which the owner may have more/later information
d. The plan is up-to-date regarding work changes, latest-information on materials deliveries and previously agreed corrective actions
7. Review contractor’s proposals for changes in plan, schedule recovery, corrective actions, etc, and advice project manager as to their acceptability
8. Monitor and update project’s cost expenditure controller and follow up cost estimating.
9. Apply lessons learned from previous projects and participate in lessons learned reviews
10. Provide constructability input and feedback to detailed design, planning, and procedures
11. Keep management informed of work status, initiatives, issues, and challenges
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• BSc in an engineering discipline with 20 years post qualification experience in Oil & Gas or petrochemical industry in developing various Contracting strategies working experience on major multinational projects
• Experience in planning systems and tools (e.g. Primavera MS Project, SAP etc.). Should have familiarity in detailed engineering and design, fabrication, installation / construction and commissioning associated with Large Refinery and/or Petrochemical Projects
• Should have a sound awareness of commercial issues such as contracts negotiations, cost estimate & control. Higher academic or professional qualification is desirable to embrace the commercial dimension and job complexity.
• Legal / Regulatory compliance;
• Senior Management from Contracting companies providing services;
• Executive Director – Downstream;
• JV Partners
• Propose and recommend for approval companies share of project budget and associated expenditure at different project stages.