BSC degree in Engineering from reputable institution with minimum 20 years post qualification with relevant experience in Oil refining with minimum 5 years experience in a senior management position.
• Manages, controls and implements improvements in the day to day operations of plant units
• Oversees the preparation and management of both capital and expense budgets of the plant
• Review and recommends the policy for fire and safety throughout the company
• Carries out or oversees plant audits, troubleshooting and process development on optimization, maintenance of process integrity and facilities the development of investment plans
• Ensure alignment of activities with other interdependent areas and departments of the company by the way of reporting and regular interactions through the whole of the projects life-cycle from evaluation (pre-feasibility, feasibility), development (FEED) through to execution (EPIC) and handover to operations
• Evaluate the design concepts with regard to functionality, performance, reliability, availability, operability and cost
• Evaluate project execution plans, contracting strategies, and contractor / vendor competencies. And monitor the projects during detail design, procurement, construction and commissioning.
• Assume full accountability of all operations phases of the project and be prepared to do what is required to achieve the desired results.
• Develop and update detailed execution plans for all operations phases of the project,
• Ensure that all internal and external stakeholders have adequate opportunity to provide input, comments, endorsements and approvals for various phases of operations.
• Minimize risks through early identification, planning, selection of best possible operation and commissioning strategies and proactive Project Management practices which focus on prevention of problems.
• Supervise and coordinate the efforts of the Contractors selected to execute the various activities so they perform diligently all the obligations under the contract defined for Engineering, Procurement, and Construction.
• Ensure that adequate evaluations of operation risks performed with the participation of qualified personnel during the sessions. Also ensure that all resulting actions are pursued and resolved, and documents are updated.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• BSC degree in Engineering from reputable institution with minimum 20 years post qualification with relevant experience in Oil refining with minimum 5 years experience in a senior management position.
• Highly motivated individual with problem-solving abilities a with Strong analytical and presentation skills. Working experience in multinational-multicultural environments
• Legal / Regulatory compliance;
• Senior Management from Contracting companies providing services;
• Executive Director – Downstream;
• JV Partners
• Propose and recommend for approval companies share of project budget and associated expenditure at different project stages.